A True OSS, Without Compromise
It takes a lot more than just bolting together a few sub-systems to become a solution that can truly support every aspect of a communications service provider’s daily operations. It takes an exceptional breadth and depth of functionality, a high degree of integration and extreme attention to detail.
Operational support software that fails in any of these can quickly increase staffing requirements and frustration, and can ultimately prove to be more costly to operate than separate stand-alone systems.
To earn the right to be called a world class OSS solution, we have created more than 70,000 features and functions that are bound together by a vast multi-layered infrastructure that literally connects everything to everything.
Furthermore, using a development philosophy that we call “following every branch of the tree to its end”, we always go the extra distance to ensure that even the smallest detail that can be managed by software is included in the final design.
Well Beyond Just Software
While the purest of OSS solutions might unlock the doors at the beginning of the workday and re-lock them at the end, it’s what happens in the middle that separates one solution from another. While the big stuff, like following a new activation from the sales counter through credit approval, inventory updates, order fulfillment, taxation, invoice production, payment application, accounting, provisioning, posting to the general ledger and reporting are typical OSS expectations, what about everything else?
In addition to full support for a broad range of business-critical functionality, we believe that our overall mission also includes building software components that give users every tool possible to attract new business, promote long-term customer loyalty, get paid promptly and automate processes that can reduce staffing dependencies and costly errors. While much of this functionality has been described in our other site links, here are a few of the many thousands more that make up the little things that count:
- Task Scheduler – Automates a long-list of important tasks that are normally manual.
- Data Dictionary – Complete details of almost 1,500 system tables to support custom reports, etc.
- Spelling-Checker – Supports field-level corrections in 30 languages.
- Scanner Interface – Stores and makes important scanned documents readily available from CRM.
- Camera Interface – Allows users to add photos to inventory items, customer records, etc.
- Apple Care Interface – Offers end-to-end Apple Care warranty processing.
- SMSC Interface – Connects system-wide messages with external SMS transmission equipment.
- Churn Scoring – Rates the probability of customer retention / loss, based upon 100s of factors.
- Walk-In Queue – Provides an advanced “take-a-number” system that manages walk-ins.
- WYSIWYG Phone Book Ads – Users can enter and see ads exactly as they will appear in print.
- Tribal, Linkup & Lifeline Processing – Maintains full compliance with government entitlements.
- CPNI Compliance – Fully complies with all government-mandated CPNI rules.
- PCI Compliance – Fully compliant with Personal Credit Card Industry Security Consul Standards.
- CARE & E-911 Processing – Manages updates and compliance with related systems.
- Multi-Tier Account Hierarchies – Supports payment responsibilities at multiple levels.
- Split Billing – Splits a subscriber’s bill between two entities, based upon time of day /day of week.
- Direct Adjustments – Users can display an invoice; highlight a line and credit charges, taxes, etc.
- GL Interface – Integrates all internal transactions with any general ledger of the user’s choice.
- Crystal Reports Interface – Allows users to create custom reports and add them to the menu.
- Lock Box Interface – Accepts and manages bulk payment postings from external sources.
- Instant Messaging – Internal texts and remote workstation control to support offsite training.
- Knowledge Base – A searchable repository where company-wide knowledge can be viewed.
- Global Plan Changes – Criteria-based rate plan changes over a broad range of subscribers.
- Global Adjustments – Criteria-based accounting adjustments over a broad range of customers.
- Fraud Prevention – Includes numerous internal controls to detect and prevent fraud.
- Bulk Service Changes – Allows users to activate, deactivate and change service levels en masse.
- Multi-Threaded Rating – Allows users to multiply rating performance by increasing threads.
- Test Billings – Allows users to change rate plan rules and test the effect on billing without harm.
- CIBER & TAP Interfaces – Supports multiple clearing houses and NRTRDE, IREG, TADIG, etc.
- Mediation Interface – Collects CDRs / EDRs from a long list of switches & other sources.
- Provisioning Interface – Connects order fulfillment to a long list of switches and other devices.